This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency. The incumbent will be responsible for serving as a Scientific Advisor to the assigned Technical Support Group (TSG) Chief in the Contingency Operations Department (NECO) and provides scientific and technical expertise to DoD, National Security Staff, and other USG D/As senior officials to prevent, protect from, respond to, and recover from chemical and biological (C/B) threats or incidents..Learn more about this agency
As a Physical Scientist / Chemist / Biologist at the GS-0401/1301/1320-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Participate as a member of the Technical Support Group (TSG) to deploy in support of Combatant Commander and other federal D/As in C/B emergency response events and training.
- Provide authoritative advice and recommendations, as a recognized expert in C/B weapons and detection, on chemical/biological operational and S&T programs.
- Provide on-site training, operational, scientific, and technical support to command sponsored technical training and exercises and other Joint Chief of Staff/theater sponsored exercises.
- Serve as the DTRA focal point for providing program planning, review, and oversight of specific short duration R&D programs related to chemical/biological (C/B) matters.
- Integrates requirements for the support of chemical/biological event response into the DTRA Operations Center, Department of Defense (DoD) point of contacts for implementation of crisis action/emergency response within the C/B area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580128300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.