This position is located in the Range Management Research Unit, Plains Area Office, Agricultural Research Service (ARS), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), located in Las Cruces, New Mexico.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a senior technician to support scientists in research and day-to-day livestock and ranch management, maintain instruments, and collect data.
- Assists higher-level technicians in conducting experiments to compare the production characteristics and environmental effects of different cattle breeds and to compare strategies for deploying sensor technologies on ranches.
- Collects livestock and climatological data. Assists with testing and maintenance of weather instruments and other sensors.
- Operates, maintains, and cleans equipment used in plot and field experiments including, but not limited to, vehicles, tractors and associated field equipment.
- Ensures that all safety and environmental concerns are addressed to provide a safe work environment.
- Participates in the management and routine care of livestock and facilities.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580098000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.