This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG). The incumbent of this position will work within the Office of the Deputy Inspector General for Investigations (DIG INV), Defense Criminal Investigative Service (DCIS), and Northeast Field Office (NEFO).Learn more about this agency
As a Criminal Investigator, GS-1811-07/09/11/12 target 13, your typical work assignment may include the following:
- Performs the full range of investigative duties associated with that position including investigative duties involving persons and property under the charge of DoD pursuant to Federal Statues and applicable DoD Directives.
- Conducts investigations that may result in criminal or civil/administrative prosecution and criminal or civil/administrative penalties.
- Conducts arrests, searches, and seizures in accordance with the U.S. Constitution, pertinent laws, regulations, directives and court decisions; includes collection and the preservation of physical evidence.
- Analyzes allegations, complaints, referrals, and investigations to identify issues involved and the types of evidence need to properly address each matter.
- Preparation of comprehensive investigative reports in order to present complex and conflicting findings in a clear, logical, impartial, comprehensive, and concise manner;
- Advises and/or assists U.S. Attorney's or other prosecutors and/or their staff members in the preparation of investigations for presentation to Federal and/or State/local Grand Juries.
- Appears as a witness before Grand Juries and trial courts, or participate in other legal proceedings.
- Conducts liaison activities with other internal and external stakeholders and partners, including Federal, State, and local agencies, representing the interests of the employing agency.
- Complies with all existing policies, procedures and guidelines (including the use of force policy) pertaining to use, display, safety and maintenance of firearms and intermediate weapons.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580095700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.