About the Position: Serve as a Public Affairs Specialist in the District's Public Affairs office focused on support of the New Soo Lock mega project.Learn more about this agency
- Plans, coordinates, and evaluates the dissemination of information relating to the mega project as well as support to other related District programs, objectives, and functions through the news media
- Identifies the issues and problems affecting various publics and develops communication strategies or campaigns that will effectively transmit the information necessary for the public?s understanding.
- Develops pro-active strategies to lessen or eliminate adverse publicity.
- Serves as the strategic communications manager for the mega project, which in turn is charged with the USACE enterprise led for its communication programs.
- Sets up news conferences, develops public affairs guidance, and responds to media queries on a routine basis
- Serves as the focal point for initiating, developing, and executing strategic communications on behalf of the mega project team.
- Develops written and oral presentations that transmit information concerning programs and activities.
- Determines the need for information materials to support the mega project to include various settings, tailored for various levels of users.
- Develops and executes communication plans by considering specific topics or aspects to emphasize the most effective media to communicate with intended audiences, and the kind of information various groups seek.
- Evaluates the impact and effectiveness of communication plans and advises management on continued efforts to improve intercommunication with various audiences through media utilization.
- Develops news release releases, feature stories with accompanying imagery, background statements, fact sheets radio and television spots, scripts and social media about the program and project.
- Develops and produces written, photographic, and multimedia information materials to inform audiences and manage news media.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580077100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.