This position is in the Regional Headquarters I, II, or III, Selective Service System, an indepdendent agency which serves the emergency manpower needs of the Military by conscripting untrained manpower, or personnel with professional health care skills. The incumbent is responsible for performing a variety of technical and analytical duties for programs in areas such as Board Program, Registration, Mobilization Readiness and Training.Learn more about this agency
As a Program Analyst at the GS-0343-9, some of your typical work assignments may include under supervision:
- Implementing Region Registration Program, including developing State and Region Registration Plans for registration improvement.
- Updating registration records; preparing news releases and articles for the National and Region newsletters for the media.
- Maintaining registration information, advertisements, registration presentations, and supplies for distribution to Reserve Forces Officers and the general public, as needed and assures utilization of these materials through follow-up contacts with the media, reports, and observations.
- Monitoring analyzing and evaluating registration compliance within each state within the Region.
- Maintaining training records which include Detachment quarterly training schedules, individual RFO training, surveys, questionnaires, and information from detachment after action reports, training materials and supplies.
- Providing analyses and evaluations of training and mobilization readiness levels via to improve overall effectiveness of mobilization readiness and training.
- Performing LAN Administrator Assistant functions as they relate to the computer network, e.g., controlling access to software on the network.
- Providing reports, coordination of new program materials, status of programs, and recommendations for change or problem resolution to supervisor as required.
- Maintains and distributes training manuals, handbooks, materials, registration information and other supplies to trainers, State Directors, Reserve Forces officers or Board Members.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579861700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.