TOUGH WORK. VITAL MISSION. Challenge yourself! You have the power to help combat drug trafficking. Be a part of DEA! It's tough work, but a vital mission. Whatever your background or expertise, your work at DEA will be tremendously rewarding because it will have a daily impact on national security and the quality of life of all Americans.Learn more about this agency
This position is located with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Office of Congressional & Public Affairs, Electronics & Internal Communication Section, in Weston, FL. The Public Affairs Specialist works to establish and implement the DEA's internal and external communication goals via social media strategies. Serving as the primary social media content creator, content manager and policy compliance manger the Public Affairs Specialist will perform the following duties:
- Designing and implementing DEA's social media communications strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across DEA to achieve successful messaging and encouraging the adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture.
- Establishing goals and implementing internal and external social media communication strategies for Congressional, Internal, and Public audiences.
- Advising management on the integration of social media tools and their ability to support existing outreach and communication best practices and policy.
- Serving as writer/editor preparing communications plans, products intended for digital platforms. Producing, coordinating, and distributing content through social media platforms and overseeing the use of social media communication tool by others
- Producing, coordinating, and distributing content through social media platforms and overseeing the use of social media communication tool by others
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579806800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.