This position is located in the Information Technology Branch, Administrative Services Division, of the Hopi Health Care Center in Polacca, Arizona. This position serves as the Supervisory Information Technology Specialist specializing in the administration, operation, and maintenance of personal computers, local and wide area networking, telecommunications equipment, and patient care related databases for the Service Unit. This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer.Learn more about this agency
**This position is being re-advertised to solicit additional applications. Applicants who applied previously need not reapply unless submitting updated and/or missing information.**
- Provides leadership by developing schedules, assigning and monitoring work, implementing productivity standards, resolving operations issues, maintaining reference manuals, and implementing new procedures.
- Serves as the network manager and security officer for the Hopi Health Care Center facility local area network, supervising activities related to design, installation, and maintenance of network equipment and cabling for computer systems..
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organizational outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, maintaining a safe and secure work environment, and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Coaching, mentoring, and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, appraising job results, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579768800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.