The Department of Energy is seeking motivated and highly-qualified candidates for exciting positions available in multiple locations throughout the United States.
The mission of the Energy Department is to ensure America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions.
To learn more about the Department of Energy, please visit the website at www.energy.gov.
Learn more about this agency
This series includes positions that involve professional work in the physical sciences and may include work in a combination of physical science fields.
As a Physical Scientist, at minimum you will:
- Provide scientific advice and guidance to officials, managers, scientists, and engineer.
- Serve as an expert for a significant segment of a specific area in one or more of the following: advanced scientific computing research; basic energy sciences; biological and environmental research; fusion energy sciences; high energy physics; nuclear physics; and workforce development.
- Provide technical guidance on proposed research projects and programs of interest.
- Coordinate, implement, and evaluate segments of research programs in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Assemble essential information on topics of assigned segments of research through various source materials.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required, however, dependent upon the program office some positions may require a higher percentage of travel.
15 - Vacancies filled under this public notice may have varying levels of promotion potential and supervisory level, if any.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579708600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.