The USPS OIG is seeking a highly qualified applicant to fill our Network Operations (NetOps) Senior Engineer position within the Office of Chief Information Officer in Arlington, VA. The successful candidate will be responsible for network operations, direction, and strategy for agency-wide network technology solutions, operations, and maintenance within the network and tele-communication environments.Learn more about this agency
Candidates will be evaluated on the skills that they possess that are directly related to the duties of the position and the experience, education and training that indicate the applicant's ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position. Only those candidates who meet all qualification and eligibility requirements and who submit the required information by 11:59 PM EST on 10/07/2020 will be considered.
The USPS OIG uses a Pay Banding system, which is equivalent to the Federal GS scale. Grade and salary determinations will be made based upon a candidate's education and professional experience.
This position is being advertised at the Specialist Band level, equivalent to a GS-14. The salary range for this position is $121,316.00 - $157,709.00. The salary figures include locality pay.
Please note that the duties and responsibilities associated with this position may vary based upon the agency's needs at the time of hire. The following description of major duties and responsibilities is only intended to give applicants a general overview of the expectations.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the agency's networking infrastructure.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts research on complex infrastructure and client support issues that involve major areas of uncertainty in approach, methodology, or interpretation to identify appropriate solutions.
- Assures implementation by working with staff on the goals and objectives of agency-wide programs, implements established goals and objectives, assesses measures that evaluate performance, and makes recommendations for program improvement.
- Identifies and resolves unique issues where no policy exists, recommending innovative actions to address new needs and/or issues.
- Provides reports to IT management regarding network system performance, utilization, and compliance.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579589700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.