This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR), Earth System Research Laboratory (ESRL) with one vacancy in Boulder, CO.Learn more about this agency
As a Technical Information Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Serve as the main contact point for electronic information tools, services, and OCLC World Share Management Services (WMS). Streamline procedures and workflows for making the Library’s electronic collections discoverable and accessible. Update and maintain WMS for the delivery of library content.
- Coordinate with publishers and vendors to collect and analyze usage statistics for all electronic resources and services. Use library collections data analytics to inform collection management, database and journal renewals and cancellations. Produce data visualizations to communicate results of data analysis.
- Coordinate journal and database acquisitions operations. Act as liaison with the Library’s subscription agent for the ordering and renewal of journals and databases.
- Serve as library webmaster to ensure website is kept updated. Use statistical software to monitor usage.
- Assist and instruct staff and patrons on the use of electronic information products, software and systems. Conduct troubleshooting of library resource access issues and of WMS.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% of domestic travel may be required for this position.
3 - If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you may be non-competitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579589000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.