The Comparative Medicine Branch is seeking a highly motivated individual possessing strong leadership,supervisory and research skills, who is an experienced veterinarian board-certified in laboratory animal medicine to serve as its Chief!Learn more about this agency
If selected for this position, you will oversee all laboratory animal care and research programs supporting investigations into the mechanisms, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of environmentally based diseases.
- Anticipates the experimental animal requirements of Institute research programs and plans and implements procedures/activities that are responsive to these needs.
- Advises the Scientific Directors and Institute Director on animal care, use and welfare issues which affect the Institute.
- Manages a program to provide and maintain high-quality laboratory animals and experimental services to intramural research scientists.
- Serves as a consultant to governmental, academic, and private groups; authors and coauthors papers for publication in books and technical journals
- Exercises general, technical, and administrative control through subordinate professional staff
- Establishes internal policies and procedures and establishes criteria for determining priorities.
- Approves all research or collaborative efforts and directs the development of improved husbandry and sanitation practices.
- Directly supervises the Deputy Branch Chief, personnel in the Office of the Chief and Animal Care and Use Committee federal staff.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579563500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.