The Health Science Specialist - Research will be working at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Leeds, MA. This position is located within the Education and Research Service.Learn more about this agency
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-09. At the GS-07 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-09. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher-level work, and availability of funds.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform literature searches, graph and chart preparation, Institutional Review Board (IRB) application monitoring, report preparation, grant proposal, and manuscript preparation;
- Implement administrative procedures including working with clinical programs to facilitate implementation of study protocols, working with local investigators and collaborating sites, serving as liaison between clinical programs and investigators, establishing and maintaining project files, monitoring compliance with research regulations, and drafting regulatory documentation, etc.;
- Implement procedures for identifying research subjects including securing permission to contact potential subjects and interviewing patients, family members, and clinical staff;
- Plan, budget, oversee, and document all aspects of project(s);
- Track and report project milestones;
- Work with data to prepare reports and presentations and assist in writing manuscripts for peer reviewed scientific publications;
- Communicate findings in written form for investigators, policy makers, and in scholarly publications;
- Develop materials required for IRB initial and continuing submissions;
- Work with local and offsite staff and partners to organize various components needed to initiate, run, and conclude major projects;
- Cover national conference calls, take meeting minutes, field inquiries received from outside the Center, etc.; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
NOTE: This is a TERM appointment (not-to-exceed 4 years). Term appointments are non-status, nonpermanent appointments of limited duration. Term employees are eligible to earn leave and generally have the same benefits as permanent employees including health and life insurance, within-grade increases and Federal Employees Retirement System and Thrift Savings Plan coverage. Term appointments may be extended without further competition (not to exceed 4 years).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579529600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.