About the Position:Learn more about this agency
You will provide Security Guard services in support of the United States Army Garrison, Directorate of Emergency Services (DES) at Fort Hamilton, New York. The Directorate is responsible for the quality force protection, law enforcement, physical security, access control, Fire & Emergency services, and Police and Community Liaison Services to the Community.
- Receive, authenticate, and vet visitors entering the installation.
- Respond to and/or contain crisis or urgent situations, including accidents; man-made, biological, chemical, radiological, or natural disasters; or other incidents that could result in harm to people, property, or the environment.
- Control access to the installation/Federal property and restricted areas, identify security risks, and provide traffic management.
- Apply requirements for equipping and securing government and contractor facilities to guard against unauthorized access, identify suspicious activity, and ensure continuity of operation.
- Operate security- related equipment (both manual and automated) or devices.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579503100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.