These positions will be filled in one of the following GAO Teams, located in Washington, DC (HQ) or a Field Office (Boston, MA; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA): GAO Teams List
Applied Research and Methods (ARM)
Education, Workforce, and Income Security (EWIS)Learn more about this agency
The GAO is seeking experienced professionals to serve as a Senior Economist; responsible for providing economics research in support of GAO engagements, and performing advanced economic analyses of federal programs and policies. Specifically, the incumbent:
- Identifies economic issues and participates in design, data collection and analysis, message development, and report writing.
- Develops econometric analyses of economic, financial, and administrative data to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of federal programs and policies.
- Applies advanced economic concepts and tools to the evaluation of federal programs and policies. Assesses economic trade-offs associated with federal programs and policies, including their impact on individuals, businesses, markets, prices and quantities.
- Critically evaluates economic research conducted by federal agencies, academics and other experts to determine quality, relevance and implications for federal programs and policies.
- Reviews draft reports to ensure accuracy, precision, and clarity of presentation of economic issues and data.
- Clearly communicates in writing the methods and conclusions of advanced economic and econometric analyses and evaluations of economic research.
- Presents results of economic research in formal and informal settings, including message agreement discussions, team meetings, and briefings for Congressional staff.
- In collaboration with multi-disciplinary team members, develops findings and recommendations and prepares GAO products that provide factual and analytical information in a clear, balanced manner that meets the needs of congressional clients.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579460900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.