The position(s) covered by this vacancy announcement is in the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information please see: AcqDemoLearn more about this agency
This position is part of the Missile Defense Agency.
FIRST CUT OFF: October 1, 2020. Thereafter, selections will be made from this announcement on an as needed basis as identified by Management.
This position is being filled under DoD Modified Direct Hire Authority, Section 1109; PL, 116-92, dated 12/20/2019 .
As a CONTRACT SPECIALIST at the NH-1102-3 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Solicits, analyzes, evaluates, and negotiates contractor's proposals for highly specialized research and development requirements for classified programs/activities of the Missile Defense Agency. Prepares all contract file documentation for Contracting Officer approval.
- Coordinates, analyzes, and negotiates classified acquisitions of both cost reimbursement and fixed-price contracting in such areas as prototype development of sophisticated research and testing equipment; weapons systems; software systems development; and development of new and unique materials; and/or Foreign Military Sales.
- Conducts acquisition planning and, in coordination with the technical program office, determines the recommended contractual strategy to be used in the acquisition of a specific program element.
- Processes, analyzes, evaluates, performs cost analysis, provides input for the competitive range determinations and develops a pre-negotiation position for proposals.
- Serves as a point of contact for advising and assisting the MDA Deputies and Directors in areas not requiring contracting officer authorization, such as, coordination of future classified procurement requirements; preparation of required procurement supporting documentation; and the resolution of specific procurement problems.
- Serves as a contract specialist and member of a negotiating team responsible for planning, coordinating, and negotiating a variety of classified procurements pertaining to research, development, test and evaluation requirements essential to MDA's mission.
- As part of the negotiating team, plans and coordinates activities performed on a variety of contracts associated with development, deployment and sustainment of MDA elements and supporting services.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579437800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.