This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies with the Program & Project Management Division, USACE New York District, located in Lower Manhattan, New York City. Applications will NOT be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants should review the "How to Apply" section of this flyer for more information on how to be considered. This flyer will be used as positions become available. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- The Program and Project Management Division (PPMD) is recruiting for the following positions and series below:
- Architects (GS-0808), Civil (GS-0810), Environmental (0819), Mechanical (GS-0830), Electrical (GS-0850) and General (GS-0801) Engineers.
- Economists (0110), Geographers (0150), Archaeologists (0193), Biologists (0401), Physical Scientists (1301) and Geologists (1350).
- Two Interdisciplinary Engineers/Scientists for Civil Works Team and Three Interdisciplinary Engineers/Scientists for Environmental, InterAgency and International Services (EIIS) Branch:
- Assure that the projects incorporate the most advance science and technology and that they are structured, staffed and managed to be responsive to requirements.
- Establish the technical framework and guidance for accomplishment of objectives within the Districts in house and contractual capabilities.
- Review and approve operating plans and approaches, establishes overall project priorities, procedures, and short and long range goals.
- Review project criteria, construction progress, and contract modifications and determines the appropriate level of approval of major changes.
- Resolve highly difficult technical and administrative project problems, obtaining Project Review Board or supervisory approval, as required.
- Duties and responsibilities will vary and may increase according to the grade level and series of the position.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel 25% or less for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579165800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.