THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.Learn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Provides oversight for a moderate complexity fuels management program. Provides professional expertise in the development and implementation of multiple resource objectives.
- Develops fuels treatment alternatives to support management decisions while adhering to applicable laws, regulations, policies, and guidelines.
- Evaluates individual fuels treatments as well as the effectiveness of the assigned program and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains awareness of technological developments in wildland fire science and related disciplines.
- Coordinates multi-disciplinary field studies related to fuels management program issues to determine effectiveness of treatments.
- Responsible for the smoke management program to ensure compliance with state air quality standards.
- Coordinates with federal, state, and local government air quality officials in their development of operational procedures and reporting requirements.
- Serves as a member of an interdisciplinary team planning, developing, and implementing land management plans, compliance documents, and agreements.
- Provides assistance to other resource program managers in the design of fuels management prescriptions and implementation plans.
- Participates in the development, review, and modification of the fire management plan. Develops, reviews and monitors fuels management plans.
- Reviews environmental documents, prescribed fire plans, and wildland fire use plans of other agencies and stakeholders which will affect the unit.
- Implements and administers prescribed fire activities, wildland fire use, and fuels management activities to ensure targets are achieved, management objectives are met and mitigation measures are adequate.
- Monitors fire behavior, evaluates fire effects, identifies potential problems and takes appropriate action.
- Performs wildfire suppression support as directed within training and physical and other duties as assigned.
- Duties listed are at full performance grade level.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnight on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579080100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.