The incumbent serves as Chief of the DPSB and technical authority on the development and use of information technology systems supporting the Division's National Health Interview Survey (NHIS); serves as senior advisor to the Division leadership on proposed new information systems and their impact on the organization; serves as spokesperson for the organization concerning data processing and products; and supervises computer scientists, IT specialists and other professionals.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Computer Scientist, you will:
- Serve as Chief of the Data Production and Systems Branch (DPSB) in the Division of Health Interview Statistics, and as first-level supervisor of computer scientists, IT specialists, and other professionals.
- Plan and direct the activities of the DPSB staff in the development and implementation of information processing systems supporting the large and complex National Health Interview Survey (NHIS), follow-up surveys, and special studies.
- Provide leadership and direction to the development, implementation, maintenance, and security of integrated information technology hardware and software systems to support the collection, confidentiality, processing, reduction, storage, retrieval, security, presentation and publication of data for the National Health Interview Survey (NHIS).
- Oversee the development of information processing, workflow and documentation, metadata specifications and relational database systems, web interfaces to metadata and visualizations, edit specifications, export formats, record layouts and file content.
- Ensure that completed systems designs are fully documented and validated.
- Ensure that NHIS data are protected according to the latest Federal security mandates and guidelines.
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of federal legislative mandates related to confidentiality, security, and capital planning and investment control (CPIC), applicable to safeguarding data produced by Federal Statistical Agencies and making efficient use of government resources.
- Conduct continuing research into new developments in distributed and cloud software and hardware environments, software and processing approaches, improving quality assurance of data products, agile production processes, and in new statistical approaches and methodologies to determine the potential benefit of application to the NHIS processing system.
- Serve as senior technical advisor to the Division Director, management and other staff members.
- Serve as spokesperson for the Division on all issues relating to data processing and dissemination.
- Other duties as assigned
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578968200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.