This position is located within a National Forest. The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of duties in support of the unit's wilderness program in the area of recreation, ecology, data collection, trails and fire.Learn more about this agency
- Plans and implements the logistics of wilderness projects associated with trail maintenance and reconstruction projects. Performs trail log, condition, and prescription surveys.
- Serves as team member to complete project analysis as required by NEPA and requests for motorized equipment use in wilderness.
- Maintains daily record of holes drilled, trees felled, and number of overhead airplane flights as well as user groups contacted for Limits of Acceptable Change data.
- Performs inventorying and monitoring of specific resources for Limits of Acceptable Change process.
- Explains regulations concerning the Wilderness Act. Inspects assigned areas to determine compliance with regulations or specifications. Explains or enforces use regulations according to Wilderness Act.
- Administers outfitter use, prepares reports on conditions of outfitter camps and facilities. Patrols wilderness to ensure that areas are operated, used, and maintained in accordance with wilderness management plans.
- Maintains visitors use records and prepares visitors use information for data processing. Assist agency law enforcement personnel with violation information.
- Collects evidence and provides documentation for cases of misuse of wilderness areas. Documents destruction to or impacts on campsites. Analyzes ways to educate users.
- Identifies restoration projects for planning future restoration projects. Trains crews in wilderness revegetation techniques. Performs routine maintenance at dispersed recreation sites including site cleanup and naturalizing.
- Conducts education programs addressing Leave No Trace camping, wilderness philosophy and minimal stock impacts. Oversees routine maintenance at dispersed recreation sites including site cleanup and naturalizing.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578965300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.