Employee will serve as the Librarian at the Brooklyn Campus of the VA NY Harbor Healthcare System, in Brooklyn, NY. The emphasis is on coordination of system wide health education activities, including health education promotion, guidance and consultation for the staff and serves as the coordinator for programs and continued development and provision of resources.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Serve as the focal point of contact and advocate for health education and information initiatives, programs and activities.
- Assess and interpret the needs of the system and address the needs by development of appropriate programs and services.
- Ensure the necessary interdisciplinary input to plan, implement, and evaluate health education services across the facility's continuum of care.
- Identify specific needs and select appropriate medical information for patients, family members, caregivers and staff.
- Apply knowledge and expertise in library and information sciences in order to direct day-to-day operations of a learning resource center.
- Develop teaching programs with particular emphasis of developing user-centered strategies for educating clinical staff in the use of numerous health-related databases.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578858000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.