THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and dates when applications are due for these locations can be found on the Forest Service website.Learn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Duties listed are at full performance grade GS-08 level.
- Supervise a group of employees.
- Resolve informal complaints and grievances.
- Responsible for directing a module of a 10 to 20 person Handcrew.
- Recognize, react to and communicates changes in predicted weather and fire behavior, topography and fuel types, and adapt planned strategies and tactics to identify and relocate firelines, escape routes and safety zones.
- Perform in other assignments on incidents involving wildland urban interface.
- Plan and implement work activities such as setting priorities, identifying objectives, coordinating resources, vehicles, supplies and equipment, developing job hazard analysis, and conducting job skill training.
- Assign resources, conducts safety meetings, monitor work quality and quantity, track budget expenditures, and report work progress and project accomplishments.
- Perform wildfire suppression support as directed within training and physical capabilities and other duties as assigned.
- Perform the administrative and human resource management functions.
- Establish guidelines and performance expectation of employee.
- Ensure a continuing affirmative application of policies concerning equal opportunity.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578691100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.