THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and dates when applications are due for these locations can be found on the Forest Service website.Learn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Duties listed are at full performance grade GS-07 level.
- Perform various technical duties that involve differing and unrelated processes and methods.
- Coordinate the activities of a unit or team of firefighters in wildland fire and all-hazard situations.
- Use technical equipment such as programmable two way radios, GPS units, weather monitoring equipment, computers for accessing fire weather, and fire modeling and mapping programs.
- Perform other assignments on incidents involving wildland urban interface/intermix situations, or other incidents which may require other specialized training and qualifications (e.g. Incident Commander).
- Participate in planning and implementing work activities such as setting priorities, identifying objectives, coordinating resources, vehicles, supplies and equipment, developing job hazard analyses, and conducting job skill training.
- Work with other resource managers in the development and implementation of prescribed burn plans.
- Participate with the supervisor in developing and implementing training programs (mandatory, formal and informal) to comply with policy and regulations.
- Participate with the supervisor to develop and implement a comprehensive physical training program to enhance the ability of crewmembers to perform the required arduous firefighting duties.
- May be required to perform procurement responsibilities (i.e. requisitions and charge card purchases.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578689200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.