THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found on the Forest Service website.Learn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Duties listed are at full performance grade GS-09.
- Provide program management oversight for a high complexity fire/fuels management program, based on the IFPM complexity analysis rating factors.
- Provide professional expertise in the development and implementation of multiple resource objectives.
- Evaluate individual fuels treatments, effectiveness of the overall program and makes recommendations for improvement
- Implement and administer prescribed fire activities, wildland fire use, and fuels management activities.
- Monitor fire behavior, evaluate fire effects; and identify potential problems.
- Develop fuels treatment alternatives adhering to applicable laws, regulations, policies, and guidelines.
- Serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team planning, developing, and implementing land management plans, compliance documents, and agreements.
- Participate in the development, review and modification of fire management plans.
- Perform fiscal analysis, formulates the annual fuels management budget, and tracks program expenditures.
- Ensure welfare and safety in all aspects of project implementation and identifies training needs in fire and fuels management.
- Participate in preparedness reviews, proficiency checks and drills, safety sessions, and after action reviews.
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary field studies related to fuels management program issues to determine effectiveness of treatments.
- Coordinate and provide transfer of findings to the appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate with the next higher organizational level, other agencies, cooperators, and stakeholders to develop interagency fuels strategies.
- Represent the organization in multi-agency fuels management activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578621200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.