This position is located in the Office of Government Relations and Strategic Engagement, Department of the Chief Executive Officer, in Washington, DC. The Senior Public Affairs Manager leads the team responsible for press outreach, social media, employee and partner communications, speechwriting, and support for leadership participation in events at the federal agency that oversees AmeriCorps and Senior Corps.Learn more about this agency
- Lead team responsible for press outreach, social media, speechwriting, employee and partner communications, and leadership participation in events for the federal agency that oversees AmeriCorps and Senior Corps.
- Drive ambitious earned media strategy to inform Americans of opportunities to serve with AmeriCorps and Senior Corps, engaging local and national media, collaborating with elected officials, and leveraging our organization's significant impact in communities across the country. Tracks success and adjusts as necessary.
- Oversee development and execution of a social media plans to grow and engage followers that is based on the latest industry best practices. Tracks success and adjusts as necessary.
- Identify, prioritize and secure opportunities for leadership to speak at events where they will reach audiences important to furthering agency goals. Ensure they are appropriately briefed and manage work of speechwriter.
- Direct, review and draft supporting collateral, including presentations, press releases, fact sheets, blog posts, letters, speeches, opinion pieces, and other public-facing materials.
- Collaborate with CEO, other senior leaders and key internal and external stakeholders to ensure activities fully support the agency's priorities and mission of service.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578556300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.