About the Position: As the District's expert in Coastal Engineering is technically responsible for carrying out the District's responsibilities for coastal engineering designs and development of detailed plans and specifications including special and unique monitoring programs for projects along coastal areas and inlets for the purposes of wetland restoration, navigation improvements, shoreline protection and beach erosion control.Learn more about this agency
- Coordinates and consults with other District offices on the gathering and preparation of data for development of hydrodynamic and sediment transport models.
- Provides expert recommendations for the conduct of special wind, wave, erosion and accretion studies.
- Undertakes the design of navigation channels, sediment traps, floodwalls, levees, tidegates, backfills, jetties, breakwaters and groins and seawalls.
- Develops procedures and standards to be used by others for wetland restoration, navigation improvements, shoreline protection and beach erosion control.
- Directs section and unit engineers engaged in developing designs for projects along coastal areas, inlets and estuarine environments.
- Plans and schedules work, directs employees, establishes priorities and periodically evaluates program activities to ascertain if program objectives are being met.
- Establishes methods and procedures for effective accomplishment of work and reviews and approves completed work.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578511100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.