This position is located in the Pacific Northwest Region, Region 6 and is located on a Forest Service unit.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of complex and recurring duties in support of various Natural Resource programs. The specific duties for this position will vary based on the program of the unit.
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations may be found on the Forest Service website
- The responsibilities listed below are at the full performance level.
- Performs as a Certified Timber Marker.
- Prepares, develop, and executes timber cruises and sample surveys to develop resource information and estimate quality and quantity of timber for purpose of appraisal, sales administration, management planning, and logging plans.
- Performs wildland firefighting and prescribed fire duties as qualified and assigned.
- Assists in the implementation of recreation operation and maintenance plans for developed and dispersed recreation sites.
- Performs complex tasks in support of the vegetation management program and project plans. Prepares and analyzes plant samples.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578064300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.