The incumbent reports to the Deputy Executive Officer and serves as human resources adviser to the judges of the D.C. Courts of Appeals and D.C. Superior Court, Executive Officer, Clerks of the Courts, Division Heads and other operating officials. The Director of Human Resources exercises wide latitude of independent judgment and initiative in developing, executing, and directing the operations of a comprehensive human capital management program and systems.Learn more about this agency
The Human Resources Director plans, develops, coordinates and administers the services, policies, and programs comprising an effective and full service human resources management program. The incumbent supervises and directs the following human resource functions: (1) Talent Acquisition and Placement, (2) Workforce Management, (3) Policy Development, (4) Employee Relations, (5) Payroll, (6) Management Analysis, (7) Human Resources Information Systems, and (8) Benefits Administration.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Serves as the principal technical and policy advisor to the judges of the D.C. Courts of Appeals and D.C. Superior Court, Executive Officer, Clerks of the Courts, Division Heads and other operating officials.
- Creates and executes strategies and programs to enhance the recruitment and placement of a skilled and diverse workforce. Utilizes new technologies to attract, develop and retain a skilled, diverse and high achieving workforce.
- Serves as a facilitator of strategic human resource planning, organizational change and transition management with the expectation of improved and efficient work processes and practices, cost savings, and collaboration between units. Functions in a manner that facilitates high level decision-making while emphasizing positive communications and program effectiveness.
- Develops and communicates personnel policies and procedures, ensuring the alignment with the Courts’ principles and core values as well as compliance with applicable District and Federal laws.
- Leads Human Resource technology efforts by advocating and utilizing reliable, accountable, client-based and user-friendly Human Resources information systems. Provides strategic leadership for the development of data analytic capabilities to support continuous improvement.
- Develops performance management systems that promote accountability, provide support and feedback, and recognize employee performance and achievement.
- Provides overall direction in the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Division, including setting priorities to meet the overall Human Resources goals. Establishes the vision and direction for the full complement of core human resources programs, policies and services to support the D.C. Courts' mission.
- Oversees the administration of benefit programs for Judicial Officers and employees of the DC Courts.
The incumbent should be an enthusiastic and engaged professional who enjoys working with a diverse group of Court personnel and customers and lives the DC Courts’ values of Accountability, Excellence, Fairness, Integrity, Respect, and Transparency.
Occasional travel - Conferences and trainings
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577853800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.