This Direct Hire recruitment is to fill positions based on a critical hiring need resulting from the outbreak and spread of the "Coronavirus Disease 2019" (COVID-19), which has caused a public health emergency. As such, all applicants who meet the OPM Public Health Program Specialist Series requirements and the minimum specialized experience qualifications stated in this announcement will be referred to hiring managers for further consideration.Learn more about this agency
As an Epidemiologist (Direct Hire), you will:
- Initiate, formulate, plan and execute analytic research projects and researches the quality of methodologies and measures pertinent to the assessment and summarization of the health status of Americans.
- Prepare comprehensive reports of study results that include discussion of substantive health issues and research objectives; assessment of the adequacy and quality of data used in the analyses; and explanation of the methodologies, results, and relevance to health issues as they relate to the epidemiological problem under study.
- Identify and analyze public health issues and their impact on public policies or scientific studies or surveys.
- Using established, modified and newly developed scientific and technical methods and practices, identifies and evaluates a wide range of conventional and unconventional health conditions in a specialty area.
- Plans and carries out quality control programs and selects statistical and epidemiologic methods for use in quality control analysis.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
None - There is no promotion potential for these positions, any position filled with this announcement will be filled at the single grade level requested.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577751000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.