About the Position: You will serve as a Toxic Material Handler (Explosives Operator), WG-6511-05 at the Pueblo Chemical Depot.Learn more about this agency
This is a developmental position with an entry level of WG-6511-05; with full performance at the WG-6511-08. Positions to be filled at the WG-05 level only.
This position offers Retention Incentives.
This open-continuous announcement has 3 cut-off dates for referral. See below under the "Additional Information" section for details and dates.
- Operate and maintain the decontaminating apparatus, gas fired heating unit, used to mix and apply neutralization mixture to contaminated areas.
- Make scheduled detection patrols and entries to chemical agent storage areas to determine the presence of toxic agent vapors and to identify extent of contamination and the source of the leakage.
- Place munitions into storage using prescribed toxic storage procedures, drawings, safety rules and regulations.
- Perform decontamination of toxic chemical agents that may have spilled or are leaking from toxic munitions.
- Assure volatile chemicals are mixed in accordance with applicable Federal and State requirements and related safety standards.
- Operate a vehicle with eight-wheel drive equipped with a heating and pumping unit to disperse neutralizing agent for toxic chemicals.
- Load trucks using forklifts or other handing equipment.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577637100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.