We are seeking highly motivated professionals to join our team. If you want challenging work and a chance to make a big impact, come join us at the Office of Inspector General for the Department of Commerce! We improve the effectiveness of the Department's programs and operations. We also investigate waste, fraud, and abuse in the Department and those who do business with it.Learn more about this agency
As an Investigator, you will:
- Function primarily as a general investigator responsible for providing support to investigative operations at Headquarters, Field Offices, and Resident Offices.
- Work independently and/or collaborate with others in establishing plans for the execution of the most unique, complex and sensitive projects relating to the investigative program of OI.
- Confer with, assist, and advise Assistant Inspector General for Investigations (AIGI), Special Agents in Charge (SAC), Assistant Special Agents in Charge (ASAC), Counsel to the Inspector General, and other senior officials of the office on the planning and development of new investigative policies, programs, standards, requirements, procedures, and techniques.
- Prepare investigative reports for presentation to DOC and IG officials for their determination of the appropriate administrative action warranted.
- Testify before administrative hearings on the results of completed investigations.
Occasional travel - Up to seven days per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577619500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.