What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
This is a term appointment not to exceed 13 months with possible extensions up to a total of 4 years without further competition. Appointment to this position will not convey permanent status in the Federal service.
Salary: $64,009 (Step 01) to $83,210 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
As an Information Specialist within the St. Petersburg Coastal & Marine Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Assisting USGS Coastal Change Hazards and US Coastal Research Program (USCRP) to improve communication through development of journal papers, briefing documents, web pages, social media content, and press releases.
- Organizing and leading stakeholder meetings designed to identify user needs and share USGS and USCRP activities, products, and opportunities.
- Creating and managing database to organize information associated with the USCRP funding opportunities and other program activities.
- Organizing program meetings, science seminars, and other internal activities for staff and leadership within federal agencies, universities, and NGOs.
- Developing and implementing communication plan and evaluating the effectiveness of communication efforts.
- Operating a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.
Occasional travel - Overnight travel of up to 2 nights per month may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577518000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.