Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
This position in the Northern California District Office is located in Redding, CA. Information about Redding, CA and the surrounding area can be found at https://reddingchamber.com/
We expect to fill one vacancy at this time.
- Serve as program lead for all district annual and deferred maintenance activities affecting administrative and recreational sites, dams, bridges/major culverts, roads and trails.
- Serve as the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for engineering contracts.
- Develop Statement of Work for engineering contracts.
- Provide technical leadership and engineering guidance to staff in unique situations that are not governed by regulations, precedents, written instructions, or other guidelines.
- Modify, adapt, and or refine broader guidelines to resolve specific complex or intricate issues and problems by researching trends and patterns then develop new methods and criteria to solve the situation.
- Develops, implements and administers district training for civil engineering activities.
- Provide civil engineering expertise in the preparation/review of a variety of projects such as: buildings, bridges, utility and water systems, culverts and fish passage structures, pipelines, dams, recreation facilities and other resource projects.
- Develop a schedule/sequence of activities to complete the construction or maintenance projects.
- Serves as an expert with the capabilities, cost, operations, and maintenance of equipment as well as the materials, safety requirements and related construction and maintenance costs and factors.
- Utilize Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) to design projects, Facility Asset Management System (FAMS) to maintain proper Facility Condition Index, manage routine and deferred maintenance (DM) projects, and utilize for planning and program development.
- Review and approve all structures and facilities plans and designs including a variety of buildings and additions, water and sewage systems, fish enhancement facilities, retaining walls, roads, dams, trails, wells, major culverts and bridges.
- Assists engineering staff with reviewing the designs of all construction and maintenance contracts involving buildings, recreational sites and transportation structures for the district.
- Responsible for the engineering review and certification of all water rights within district boundaries that require a seal from a licensed professional engineer.
- Confers with the contractor to resolve differences of opinion regarding interpretations of contract documents.
- Performs difficult/unusual structural, hydraulic and soil engineering computations related to the design of new facilities, utility systems including water, sewer, wells, reservoirs, dams, pipelines and other miscellaneous development projects.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577506400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.