NASA Goddard Space Flight Center seeks an experienced Computer Engineer to oversee software system development for the Earth Science Data and Information Systems (ESDIS) Project, assigned to the Science Data Systems Branch of the Software Engineering Division in Greenbelt, MD. You will be responsible for project planning and enabling/managing science data system capabilities and operations for NASA's world-class, multi-petabyte earth science data archives.Learn more about this agency
- Oversee implementation of Distributed Active Archive Centers (DAAC) development and operations efforts, review resource planning material, and track schedule, technical constraints, and status of meeting user requirements.
- Assess the status, plans, and resource utilization and provide input to the performance evaluation of any contractors developing or supporting the operational science data systems.
- Participate in status reviews, provide and present reports to internal science data system configuration control boards and others, and provide leadership in priority planning and problem solving.
- Provide leadership and effectively communicate needs to resolve conflicts, system problems, facilitate prioritization of workload, and allow for accurate metrics assessment to define system performance.
- Oversee operations, engineering, mission support, development, user services and data systems design, and mission preparatory activities and integration of new services resulting from special projects.
- Ensure adherence to science data system standards, including metadata, data format, and interoperability standards across the program; and that science data system documentation and information are concise and complete.
- Chair operational review meetings to coordinate new data collection efforts, and enable and add new operations data provided by partners.
- Serve as contract and/or task order initiator and contracting officer technical representative on contracts, and as grants administrator for grants held, within the assigned project office.
- Duties described above are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577321400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.