What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
This is a term appointment not to exceed 13 months with possible extensions up to a total of 4 years without further competition. Appointment to this position will not convey permanent status in the Federal service.
Salary GS-09: $58,006 (Step 01) to $91,234 (Step 10);
Salary GS-11: $70,181 (Step 01) to $109,358 (Step 10);
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
As a Biologist within the Fort Collins Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Participating in the planning and execution of complex studies and investigations concerning biological processes that affect ecosystems, with a focus on sagebrush ecosystems.
- Performing data analysis and writing reports to carry out portions of larger biological science investigations of wildlife resources and their habitat conditions.
- Recommending minor modifications to program objectives and associated documentation in accordance with established program directives.
- Gathering, organizing, and interpreting a wide variety of biological data, especially spatial data,with other information pertinent to scientific studies or investigations.
- Developing and maintaining computer databases and spatial datasets; and gathering, analyzing, tabulating and summarizing scientific, programmatic, and/or budgetary data.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577075200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.