This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- The primary responsibility of this position will be to support the mission of NSWC PHD through planning, negotiating, awarding, and administering contracts.
- THIS IS NOT A POLICY POSITION. APPLICANT MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE AS A CONTRACT SPECIALIST (1102 JOB SERIES) WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OR DOD. EXPERIENCE MUST INCLUDE COST ANALYSIS AND COST REALISM.
- You will perform contracting work involving the process of acquiring goods and services for the Government from commercial or noncommercial sources in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- You will be responsible for the procurement of supplies, services, construction, or research and development using formal advertising or negotiation procedures.
- You will be responsible for evaluating contract price proposals.
- You will be responsible for the administration, termination and close outs of contracts.
- You will follow pre-award and post-award procedures to plan and conduct the contracting process from the description of the requirements through contract delivery.
- You will follow procurement policies and procedures to plan, analyze or evaluate procurement programs, review proposed contractual actions for conformance with requirements and procurement practices.
- You will use negotiation techniques to meet and reach agreement through discussion with a proposed contractor on the price and performance terms, and to reflect these items in procurement documentation.
- You will oversee and ensure compliance with the terms of contracts during the post-award phase.
- You will determine the reasonableness of claims and negotiate resolutions.
- You will resolve disputes and other problem concerning obligations.
- You will negotiate contract modifications.
- You will use cost and price analysis techniques to evaluate proposals, contract changes, repricing actions and final contract pricing.
- You will obtain review data from auditors and technical specialists.
- You will perform all associated duties in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576972300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.