THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.Learn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Duties listed are at full performance grade GS-08.
- Serve as an Incident Commander (IC), managing resources that vary from single resource to multiple resource task forces or strike teams. Personnel numbers can vary based on incident complexities.
- Apply technical methods and procedures to perform a variety of duties relating to helitack operations to suppress wildland fires.
- May serve as helicopter rappel spotter, responsible for the safe and efficient deployment of rappellers and cargo on incident and training missions from a variety of aircraft approved for rappel operations.
- Perform a wide variety of operational projects incorporating diverse technical knowledge.
- Serve as a full assistant to the Helitack Manager in the technical and administrative supervision of a work force of six to fifteen employees
- Perform the administrative and human resource management functions relative to the staff supervised.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights required for fire suppression or fire related assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576941800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.