THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found on the Forest Service website.Learn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Duties listed are at full performance grade GS-09 level.
- Set priorities and directs the movement of personnel, equipment, supplies, and aircraft to respond to wildland fires.
- Dispatch and/or order aircraft for emergency situations
- Issue flight plans and performs aircraft flight following to ensure safe arrival.
- Maintain daily records on the availability of Forest, Regional, and National Fire control resources for anticipated and unanticipated fire needs.
- Develop and maintain a unit mobilization plan and complex dispatch operating plans and guides.
- Prepare and implement fire management plans governing the supply and use of resources such as smokejumpers, food and supplies, and fire retardant.
- Participate in the development of recurring and special regional fire wildland and law enforcement and other incident reports (i.e., annual fire narratives, aircraft use report)
- Schedule air transportation for personnel, equipment, and supplies. Integrates proper law enforcement dispatching, documentation and required security procedures into the overall operation of the communication center.
- Represent the Forest Service, as delegated, in meetings with Federal, state and local agencies for the purpose of planning response.
- Assure that current resource availability and use information is exchanged, daily, with the appropriate Geographic Area Coordination Center, adjoining forests, state, and local agencies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576933500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.