THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.Learn more about this agency
- Duties listed are at full performance GS-07 grade level.
- Serves as a highly trained and skilled fire suppression team leader on an Interagency Hotshot crew of firefighters in wildland fire suppression situations.
- Resolves a full range of irregular or problem situations encountered when performing a wide variety of either highly interrelated tasks or nonstandard fire suppression assignments
- Anticipates fire behavior, determines strategy and tactics, directs on-line activities, and takes action to accomplish incident objectives.
- Performs various technical duties that involve differing and unrelated processes and methods.
- Locates line, directs and participates in line construction, backfire and burnout, hazard tree falling, saw lines, pump and hose lays, patrol, mop-up operations, etc.
- Directs and coordinates all types of related aircraft, fireline personnel and equipment.
- Constructs fireline in vegetation and topography
- Collects and applies fire data such as fuel loading, tree stand density, fuel moisture, and weather.
- Operates a variety of motor vehicles to transport equipment, supplies, crewmembers, etc.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required for fire suppression or fire related assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576900500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.