This position is located within the Department of Commerce (DOC), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Alaska Region (AR) or West Coast Region (WCR), Protected Resources Division (PRD) with one vacancy Juneau or Anchorage, AK; one vacancy in Long Beach, CA; or one vacancy in Seattle, WA.Learn more about this agency
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-2020-0035, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
As a Marine Mammal Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Assist with the conservation or recovery of protected marine mammals under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) and Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA).
- Conduct formal and informal consultations with federal action agencies under section 7 of the ESA.
- Work independently and in teams to complete projects related to the sustainable management of marine mammals.
- Contribute to written products as assigned, such as Biological Opinions, Letters of Concurrence, Federal Register notices, other documents or correspondence.
- Provide advice to internal and external stakeholders regarding the ESA, MMPA, and protected species conservation and recovery.
NOTES: These duties are described at the Full Performance Level ZP-3, the ZP-2 is developmental leading to such performance.
Occasional travel - Up to 15% of domestic travel may be required.
3 - If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you may be non-competitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576870000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.