This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration, located in the education department of the Museum Programs Division(LO). LO education staff designs, develops, and performs outreach activities and services to disseminate NARA holdings through the presentation of educational workshops, professional development, distance learning, public lectures, and web and print publications for the general public, K-16 educators and educational institutions, students, and scholars.Learn more about this agency
As a EDUCATION SPECIALIST, you will:
- Plan, develop, and present a program of workshops on behalf of NARA to a wide range of K-16 educators, with a special emphasis on classroom teachers.
- Work with colleagues in the education staff, professional educators, museum educators, curators, designers, and archivists to determine topics for presentation; connect programs to curriculum standards; evaluate the programs; build on findings to create new or modified programs; and contribute credibility of NARA in the educational and museum communities.
- Researches, compile, draft, and publishe educational materials for the upper-elementary through secondary school classroom, using National Archives records with a special emphasis on civic education.
- Lead the efforts of the volunteer docents and seasonal college interns to present school and community outreach programs; ensure that outreach workshops for school groups connect to curriculum standards; accept reservations and schedules volunteers for programs.
- Represent NARA and serve the education profession in a variety of professional activities which includes but is not limited to: professional organizational or inter-agency working groups; public programs at the National Archives; and participating in or chairing sessions at professional conferences. Incumbent maintains contact in person and electronically with educators at all levels nationally and locally to develop a program that serves their needs.
- Assists with the operation of the Parent/Teacher Resource room and the Learning Lab in the Boeing Learning Center at the National Archives Building.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576684200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.