The United States Postal Service (USPS) Office of Inspector General (OIG) is seeking highly qualified applicants for three Deputy Assistant Inspector General (DAIG), Audit positions in the Office of Audit located in Arlington, VA. These DAIGs will lead the Mission Operations; Finance & Pricing; and Retail, Delivery, and Marketing Directorates.Learn more about this agency
To learn more about Office of Audit teams, please navigate to our page at: https://www.uspsoig.gov/audit
As a principal advisor to the Assistant Inspector General for Audit (AIGA), each DAIG, Audit is responsible for overseeing several directorates of auditors and evaluators. A primary function is to identify strategic risks and opportunities in the directorates and the corresponding Postal Service areas these directorates oversee. Other duties entail examining, evaluating, and verifying operating systems, procedures, internal controls, and recorded data of the U.S. Postal Service. DAIGs must have the ability to analyze large data sets to identify anomalies and trends indicative of potential risks and opportunities, as well as oversee overall project implementation to include generating audit findings and preparation of final audit reports. The DAIG must also have the ability to effectively manage a large geographically dispersed staff of professionals. The DAIG will also be responsible for creating and maintaining internal and external stakeholder relationships.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serves as principal advisor to the AIGA for all matters related to assigned directorates
- Serves as a member of the OIG executive management team
- Works with other executives and senior managers to plan and coordinate OIG activities to ensure effective and efficient use of resources and the delivery of quality services in meeting the OIG's mission
- Ensures that appropriate functions and responsibilities are developed and executed for each directorate in accordance with regulatory standards and guidelines established for OIG
- Oversees all work and exercises total authority and responsibility associated with subordinate directorates
- Plan, participate in or execute assigned audits and special projects
- Perform risk analysis of functions and activities to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of internal control to achieve established objectives
- Evaluate the adequacy of controls as they relate to each audit
- Provide auditing and technical assistance for assigned areas
- Manage and prioritize multiple assignments including all audits and projects
- Work closely with Directors and Managers on risk assessment and audit planning
- Review and monitor ongoing performance metrics for subordinate directorates
- Present audit findings or other relevant information to Senior Executives on the effectiveness and adequacy of risk management, governance, and internal control procedures
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576637200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.