About the Position: This position is part of the Reemployed Annuitants Cadre. Employees occupying these positions will provide emergency support to disaster stricken areas throughout the United States. Employee must pass a stringent medical screening and be prepared to live and work in extremely austere conditions.Learn more about this agency
This position is a term position for 1 year, however at the discretion of management the position may be converted to a temporary position up to a maximum NTE 4 years.
- Manage the efficiency and effective coordination and accomplishment of projects, to include environment studies, designs and remediation during natural disasters or emergencies.
- Implement corporate decisions, guidance, laws, regulation, and policy in the development of the project and intermediate products.
- Negotiate, and integrate all functions (i.e., plan, design, cost engineering, construction, real estate, contracting etc.
- Coordinate the planning, design, cost engineering, construction, and environmental considerations, for engineering projects.
- Apply skill and expertise in advanced engineering, architectural, biological or physical science theories, principles, concepts, standards, and methods sufficient to apply experimental theories and/or new applications or developments
- Execute significant projects representing an important segment of the agency's operating programs, or affecting the welfare of the public and/or the sustainability of natural resources and the environment during natural disasters or emergencies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 75% to various locations for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576501700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.