The incumbent serves as the Division Chief for the Policy and Strategic Initiatives Division (PSID), an executive level position within the Human Resources Office.Learn more about this agency
The PSID provides a wide range of strategic planning, research, policy and workforce analysis, and staffing formula development to assess human capital needs; serves as the primary staff support to the Judicial Conference's Committee on Judicial Resources and the Human Resources Advisory Council; and manages the Judiciary's Work Measurement Program. The incumbent serves on behalf of the Chief Human Resources Officer when requested. Through subordinate supervisors, the incumbent provides management oversight, leadership, and direction of both program and staff. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Overseeing the formulation of the judiciary's staffing requirements (the largest segment of the judiciary's budget) by developing, updating, and executing statistically rigorous procedures to conduct work measurement studies and providing concise briefing materials to present findings for decision making;
- Serving as primary staff support to the Committee on Judicial Resources Committee (JRC), providing expert counsel, conducting research, preparing, and coordinating the development of agenda items for the JRC in all areas of human resources and providing subject-matter expertise on matters relating to work measurement studies and related human resources policy;
- Developing and maintaining a broad understanding of staffing requirements and workplace activities for all judiciary units, including chambers, circuit executives, appellate staff attorneys and mediators, librarians, clerks' offices, federal defenders, court reporters, non-chambers law clerks, and probation and pretrial services offices to develop comprehensive workforce data analysis reports and recommendations;
- Providing staff support for the Judiciary's Human Resources Advisory (HRAC) coordinating the development of agenda items and managing the logistics for all meetings;
- Briefing high level officials on workforce analysis, staffing requirements, cost containment, budget formulation, and other topics as required;
- Serving as a key confidant of the Chief and Deputy Chief Human Resources Officers on strategic planning and cost containment issues for the judiciary's human resources program; and
- Leading and overseeing the work of Policy and Strategic Initiative Division; develops and executes annual budgets and contracts for the division; managing the PSID workforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations, and staffing needs; ensuring employees are appropriately recruited, selected, trained, appraised and rewarded, and taking appropriate action to address performance and conduct problems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576071400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.