THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.Learn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Duties listed are at full performance grade GS-09 level.
- Direct air tactical operations, provide aerial supervision and establish priorities for initial attack, extend attack and other aviation duties as required
- Receive mobilization information; evaluate aircraft needs to perform air tactical mission; establish target identification and appropriate tactics.
- Ensure that risk management processes are applied to aerial supervision and tactics, and reevaluate continually during the operational period.
- Establish priorities for initial attack and extended attack. Must be a qualified Division/Group Supervisor (DIVS) or Incident Commander Type 3 (ICT3).
- Select locations for temporary and semi-permanent airfields, helispots, and heliports as needed for air tactical operations.
- Provide instruction on a variety of topics in fire, aviation safety; briefs ATGS pilots on mission requirements and crew resource management; notify ground crews of incoming aircraft and tactics; and provide intelligence to appropriate personnel.
- May serve as Contracting Officer's Representative/Inspector on air contracts. Conduct or participate in pre-work conferences with contractors
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575856100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.