THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.Learn more about this agency
- Duties listed are at full performance grade GS-07
- Performs various technical airtanker-related duties such as operating or overseeing the use of specialized equipment used by an airtanker base including retardant mixing and delivery systems.
- Monitors and directs the loading of mixed retardant into airtankers.
- Serves as the assistant Airtanker Base Manager in the absence of the Airtanker Base Manager.
- Coordinates all movement of aircraft, vehicles, and personnel on the ramp.
- Serves as Project Inspector for the base's aviation and retardant contracts.
- Performs day-to-day contract inspections and enforces contractual provisions.
- Provides documentation regarding contractor claims.
- Uses portable radios, and nationally approved Airtanker Operations Hand Signals, to communicate with the pilots, parking tenders and loaders.
- Diagnoses problems and makes repairs or adjustments to meters, plumbing systems, and pumps used in airbase operations.
- Utilizes computer-based applications for program support.
- Prepares and inputs data into computerized records relating to aircraft use and payment, scheduling, incident and accident reports. Prepares payment documents for contract aviation/retardant services.
- Performs wildfire suppression support as directed within training and physical capabilities.
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required for fire suppression or fire related assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575829700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.