The incumbent serves as the Assistant Chief of the Business Office. The Business Office provides administrative support to all services of the medical center. He/She provides staff management consulting on all matters within the purview of Business Office programs. He/She ensures that the procedural, legal, and administrative requirements of the programs under their direct supervision are met.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are no limited to:
- Directs the program management for the Business Office areas under their jurisdiction including matters involving staffing and recruitment, promotions, awards, position classification, training, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Ensures that the Section Chiefs adhere to reporting requirements at all levels.
- Develops status reports or response materials for the Business Office Director's review as required for reply to higher level management's attention, review, or signature.
- Provides input to the Business Office Director in regards to the budgeting contracting and financial management assigned sections of the Business Office.
- As advisor to the Business Office Director, provides budget management for his/her sections and programs to ensure the success of the programs.
- Exercises responsibility for recommendations for budget formulation, presentation, and execution of programs under his/her area of responsibility.
- Maintains an awareness of the overall status of financial and personnel resources for his/her program areas in order to react to changing situations with timely recommendations to the Business Office Director.
- Assists with managing procurement and contracting for the sections under his/her area of responsibility, when required to sustain program requirements.
- Prepares draft contract proposals and agreements for the review of the Business Office Director assuring accurate budgetary, personnel, and administrative arrangements are included that meet program needs.
- Actively participates in developing and implementing administrative management policies for the medical center telephone operators.
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Medical Administration Offficer/PD8505-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
PCS Expenses: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to occasionally travel for this position to outlying CBOCs.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575808200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.