This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Office of General Counsel, Subpoena Program. The incumbent reports directly to the Director of the Subpoena Program, who reports directly to the Deputy General Counsel, who is a direct report to the General Counsel. The General Counsel is an SES who reports directly to the Inspector GeneralLearn more about this agency
As a Investigator (Subpoena Program), GS-1801-14, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Senior investigator and principal advisor, incumbent conducts the day-to-day operations of the Subpoena Program.
- Ensures all subpoenas meet investigative and legal sufficiency in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and the professional standards established by the Council of Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE).
- Manage prompt receipt, evaluation, and processing of subpoena request for allegations that include: (1) threats to public health and safety and national security that may be of an emergency life-threatening nature;
- (2) extremely complex matters relating to fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement; and (3) extremely sensitive matters involving senior DoD officials.
- Ensures the current, complete and accurate entry of data in the Subpoena Program management system, and that documentation is complete.
- Ensures that subpoenas are promptly evaluated and processed based on the urgency of the situation. On occasion, subpoena requests are handled as emergencies in support of law enforcement investigations.
- Ensures that subpoenas are issued within established timeliness standards. Ensures subpoena challenges filed in federal court are properly coordinated within OGC. Coordinates subpoena enforcement within OGC and liaises with law enforcement officials.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575519700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.