This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Center for Satellite Applications and Research (STAR), Center for Satellite Applications and Research - Satellite Oceanography and Climatology Division (SOCD), with one vacancy in College Park, MD.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NESDIS-STAR-2020-0009, which is open to Status Candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.Learn more about this agency
As an Oceanographer, you will perform the following duties:
- Serve as team lead and conduct research in satellite oceanographic remote sensing, and develops satellite oceanographic and climatological algorithms and data products in support of National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration and National Environmental Satellite Date and Information Service strategic missions.
- Collaborate and communicate satellite oceanographic research and satellite oceanographic data product initiatives with NOAA and external domestic and international partners through peer-reviewed publications, scientific committee membership, and scientific conference attendance.
- Conduct independent scientific research, including writing grant proposals, serve as task monitor for contract and grantee research staff, and publish and present research in peer-reviewed journals and at scientific meetings.
- Coordinate end-to-end satellite ocean remote sensing research/development within NESDIS, across NOAA, execute NESDIS / The Center for Satellite Applications and Research (STAR) Science and Technology road maps and research project plans.
- Collaborate with various (STAR) Science Teams in the proposals, evaluation, staging, testing, publication, documentation and transitioning research to operations of satellite oceanographic data and data products consistent with NOAA's mission goals and strategic plans.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575508100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.