The OIG conducts audits, evaluations, investigations and special reviews of the personnel and programs of all DOJ components. The DOJ OIG offers a wide range of federal benefits and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Los Angeles Field Office in Glendale, CA under the Investigations Division.
If you are selected as a Criminal Investigator, your responsibilities would include, but would not be limited to:
- Analyzing initial allegations and recommending required investigative resources and collateral support.
- Investigating allegations of crime, crime scenes, and misconduct.
- Planning and conducting surveillance or undercover work.
- Apprehending and arresting persons violating U.S. laws and conducting search and seizure incident to the arrest or when appropriate by warrant.
- Preparing reports and presenting findings orally and in writing to managers, prosecutors, and other high-level officials.
- Testifying as a government witness before Grand Juries and in court regarding criminal cases.
- Testifying at administrative hearings in non-criminal cases.
25% or less - You will be expected to travel approximately 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575498000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.