About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This is a full-time civilian faculty position at the U.S. Army War College (USAWC) as provided under Title 10 USC 4021. Initial appointment may be up to four years, with the first year a trial period. The appointment may be renewed in one- to five-year increments thereafter. Academic rank and salary will be based on the selectee's academic credentials, experience, and professional accomplishments; however, the focus is at the Assistant/Associate Professor level.
- Developing and teaching core courses related to national security policy and strategy formulation, theories of war and strategy, and international relations.
- Reviewing course material for accuracy and relevance.
- Reviewing emerging strategic threats and opportunities, national security policy initiatives, national security and defense policy and strategy and concepts, and policy and strategy formulation procedures and systems.
- Engaging in scholarship that advances knowledge in fields relevant to the curriculum.
- Providing counsel to faculty and students on subjects related to strategy, policy, international relations, government, history, strategic culture, Interagency operations, and other U.S. policy and strategy systems and procedures.
- Designing and teaching elective or regional studies courses and directed studies for selected students.
- Coordinating with external agencies on behalf of the U.S. Army War College.
- Engaging in service (internal and external) in support of institutional missions.
- Serving annually as a faculty instructor for one seminar, faculty advisor for up to six students, and project advisor for student research projects.
- Other duties may include supporting the development and execution of the National Security Policy Program and the National Security Seminar.
25% or less - Travel (domestic and/or international) may be required up to 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575212900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.